Pages

Saturday 13 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 2 Activity 2

Hello fellow bloggers,
Today my 2 activity is The Rules of Engagement here is the little piece of writing for my activity

During the early years in New Zealand, men and women would often marry at a young age. Women were expected to have babies and remain in the home caring for their children. Few, if any, left home in search of work. Men, on the other hand, were expected to work outside of the home.

These days, we don’t have the same strict expectations about work. Girls and boys can choose their own path in life. In fact, I was lucky enough to go to university and to follow my dream of becoming a teacher!

What is your dream job? Draw a picture of yourself doing your dream job and post it on your blog. You could be a doctor, an actor or even a zookeeper! I have drawn myself taking a picture of a beautiful castle in Poland because I would love to become a travel blogger and photographer one day.

Here is my drawing, I want to be a nurse.


2 comments:

  1. Hi there Charlie-Gurl,

    I hope you're having an amazing holiday! My name is Jade F and I am one of the blog commenters from the Summer Learning Journey.

    I really loved your drawing of your dream job! That's awesome that you would like to be a nurse! I have some friends who are training to be nurses and they love it! What made you choose to be a nurse as your dream job? Let me know in a comment!

    Looking forward to hearing from you soon and keep up the amazing blog posts.

    All the best,
    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Charlie-Gurl,

    I love the your drawing! I was also wondering why you decided to be a nurse?

    My sister was recently in hospital and the nurses were amazing! They were very friendly and caring which made her stay so much nicer !
    Did you know that you can earn extra points by commenting on other students’ Summer Learning Journey blogs?

    If you copy and paste this link into your search bar it will take you to the Twitter feeds for all the clusters of students from all over the country!

    https://sites.google.com/a/manaiakalani.org/connected-learners-share/sljtwitterfeeds

    Keep up the great work1

    -Dani

    ReplyDelete